For an easy, elegant appetizer, try these Pistachio-Crusted Alaska Halibut Bites. These perfectly portioned noshes come together in no time – and can even be prepped the night before.
Pistachio-Crusted Alaska Halibut Bites
- 1 pound skinless Alaska Halibut
- 10 to 12 skewers (4 to 6-inches in length)
- 1 cup pistachios, coarsely ground
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- Olive oil spray
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 10 to 12 butter lettuce leaves, small romaine leaves or endive
Yogurt Mint Sauce
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt (2% or non-fat)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes, to taste
- Cut a piece of aluminum foil to fit a heavy-duty baking sheet; set aside. Heat baking sheet in oven at 425°F while prepping halibut.
- Cut halibut into 1 1/2-inch wide pieces (by 2 to 3 inches long, depending on skewer length), then skewer.
- Mix pistachios and breadcrumbs; sprinkle onto plate. Roll in or press pistachio crust onto halibut pieces. Spray fish and aluminum foil with olive oil spray; season bites with salt and pepper.
- Remove baking sheet from oven. Transfer foil, with halibut skewers, onto baking sheet and return to oven. Roast for 8 to10 minutes, turning once during cooking. Cook just until fish is opaque throughout.
- Whisk together yogurt, lemon juice, mint, garlic, salt and chili flakes to make sauce.
- Place halibut bites on butter lettuce and serve with sauce.
Servings 10 to 12 appetizers
Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute