From Chef Brian Shea’s Kitchen at The Barley House Restaurant & Tavern in Concord
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup white onion, chopped
- 28 ounce can diced roasted tomatoes
- 2 chipotle peppers*
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a little olive oil in a medium saucepan; add the onions and sauté until transparent. Add the tomatoes, chipotle peppers, white wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar and sugar. Simmer over low heat for about 45 minutes – 1 hour.
- Puree with a hand held blender. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cool and store in the refrigerator.
br* Look for 7 ounce cans Chipotle Peppers in the international or specialty aisle of your supermarket.