Welcome friends and family with a toast to the season. Set up a simple bar on a side table or buffet with a few basic ingredients and mix up some holiday favorites.
- 1/2 oz Cointreau
- 1/2 oz cranberry juice
- 1 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 oz Vodka
brPlace all ingredients in a shaker with ice. Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with a few frozen cranberries after pouring.
- 4 oz eggnog
- 1/2 oz white chocolate liqueur
- 1 oz Southern Comfort
brServe in a snifter and sprinkle with grated chocolate.
HOT BUTTERED WINE
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp butter
brHeat wine and water to near boil. Preheat a heatproof glass or mug. Pour the hot wine/water mixture into the glass and add butter and maple syrup. Stir and enjoy. Garnish with nutmeg.
- 4 oz champagne (chilled)
- 1 oz apricot nectar or liqueur
brPour apricot nectar or liqueur into a champagne flute. Fill to the top with cold champagne and stir gently. The apricot color is darker than the usual peach nectar and makes this version of the Bellini more festive.
Makes about 35 servingsbr
- 4 oz grenadine
- 2 liters of club soda
- 2 liters of ginger ale
- 1 container (355 ml) frozen lemonade concentrate (thawed)
- 1 container (355 ml) frozen orange juice concentrate (thawed)
- 1 jug (1.89 L) cranberry/raspberry cocktail
- 1 jug (1.89 L) pineapple juice
- 1 jug (1.89 L) cranberry cocktail
- Cranberries, orange and lemon slices, for garnish
brCombine all ingredients in a large punch bowl. Keep a bottle of vodka or rum nearby to allow your guests to make their serving alcoholic.