Below is some information about (and provided by) the Concord Main Street Project, which resumes on Monday, March 23.
Beginning Monday, construction crews will be back at work on N. Main St. Water utility work will take place in a variety of areas, working from north to south and in the following locations on the following dates:
- 3/24, #90-92 N. Main St. (State House Plaza/Eagle Square entrance)
- 3/25, #76-82 N. Main St. (Merrimack County Savings Bank)
- 3/26, #24-32 N. Main St. (Between Warren and Depot Streets)
- 3/27, #10-12 N. Main St. (North Side of Pleasant St. intersection)
During this time, lane shifts will be in effect, but two way traffic on Main Street will be maintained. However, as of April 16th North Main Street will convert to a one-way, south bound traffic only pattern.
Free parking within the work zone will begin on April 16th, coinciding with the conversion to one-way, south bound traffic on North Main St. Please note the following free parking specifics:
- Begins April 16th
- Will be available in the work zone only (on N. Main St. between Centre Street and Pleasant Street)
- There is a two hour limit on free parking
What else is new?
In anticipation of work, the bus stops that were located at the corner of Park St. and N. Main St. as well as in front of Eagle Square, have been relocated under the elevated Legislative parking deck on Storrs Street where they will remain until construction has concluded on N. Main St.
In anticipation of the upcoming traffic pattern changes, the south bound directional lanes on N. Main St. at the Centre St. intersection will soon be changed to reflect their permanent arrangement, which will be two left turning lanes, a straight lane and a right turn lane.