Give Outdoor Fare a Kick of Heat
Jun 08, 2015 04:42AM ● Published by Family Features
(Family Features) Gathering around the grill never gets old, but standard burgers and bland sides do. Throwing in an unexpected mix of sweet and heat is the key to transforming traditional foods into mouth-watering masterpieces.
To kick things up a notch this summer, bring flavor and spice to your outdoor fare with simple recipes using extraordinary sauces. Aged cayenne pepper, red chili peppers and garlic are savory additions that can easily elevate the flavor of any item on or off the grill, especially in burgers and dips.
A great summer burger is all about the toppings. Revolutionize a basic bacon burger into a Spicy Crunchy Burger with Frank’s RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce, which is made with a premium blend of aged cayenne peppers that adds a kick of heat and a whole lot of flavor.
While you wait for the grill to heat up, score extra points with your hungry guests by offering a quick and creamy dip. Again, the secret is in the sauce – in this case, Frank’s RedHot Sweet Chili Sauce, a slightly sweet, pulpy and zesty sauce made with fresh chilies. Just combine and serve with crackers, chips or vegetables for a snack that has just the right amount of sweet and heat to make taste buds come alive.
For more grilling and summer recipes, visit www.FranksRedHot.com.
Sweet Chili Cream Cheese Dip
- 1 cup Frank’s RedHot Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- Place cream cheese on serving dish.
- Pour Frank's RedHot Sweet Chili Sauce evenly over cream cheese.
- Serve with crackers, chips or vegetables.
Spicy Crunch Burger
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 6 slices American cheese
- 6 hamburger rolls or Kaiser rolls, split
- 6 tablespoons Frank’s RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce
- 12 slices bacon, cooked
- 1 cup French’s Crispy Fried Onions
- Lettuce and tomato, optional
- Form ground beef into 6 burgers.
- Grill burgers over high heat until juices run clear (160°F internal temperature). Top each burger with one slice cheese and cook until cheese melts.
- Arrange burgers on rolls. Top with Frank’s RedHot sauce, bacon and crispy fried onions, and add lettuce and tomato, if desired.