Main Street Project Resumes Monday, Main Street Minute Debuts
Mar 20, 2015 03:08PM ● Published by Kevin
Photo courtesy of Concord Main Street Project
Beginning Monday, construction crews will be back at work on N. Main St. Water utility work will take place in a variety of areas, working from north to south and in the following locations on the following dates:
- 3/24, #90-92 N. Main St. (State House Plaza/Eagle Square entrance)
- 3/25, #76-82 N. Main St. (Merrimack County Savings Bank)
- 3/26, #24-32 N. Main St. (Between Warren and Depot Streets)
- 3/27, #10-12 N. Main St. (North Side of Pleasant St. intersection)
Free parking within the work zone will begin on April 16th, coinciding with the conversion to one-way, south bound traffic on North Main St. Please note the following free parking specifics:
- Begins April 16th
- Will be available in the work zone only (on N. Main St. between Centre Street and Pleasant Street)
- There is a two hour limit on free parking
In anticipation of work, the bus stops that were located at the corner of Park St. and N. Main St. as well as in front of Eagle Square, have been relocated under the elevated Legislative parking deck on Storrs Street where they will remain until construction has concluded on N. Main St.
In anticipation of the upcoming traffic pattern changes, the south bound directional lanes on N. Main St. at the Centre St. intersection will soon be changed to reflect their permanent arrangement, which will be two left turning lanes, a straight lane and a right turn lane.
The first installment of the Main Street Minute.