When It Comes to Beauty and Fashion, Make an Eye-Catching Statement
Feb 16, 2015 03:45AM
● Published by Family Features
(Family Features) Change is the only constant for Millennials in the beauty and fashion world, suggests a recent survey. Millennial women, ages 18 to 29, feel empowered to embrace change and showcase a variety of colors when it comes to their appearance.
The survey, conducted by Alcon and Kelton Global, found that Millennial women are more inclined to pull fresh trends and colors into their beauty and fashion selections – a departure from the more simple styles embraced by Generation X. With over half of Millennials describing their style as always changing, this bold new take allows for a great deal of freedom and flexibility in personal expression.
Color is one of the major factors that allows these Millennials to stand out and express themselves. In the survey, 71 percent of women stated that adding color to their look is one of the most effective ways to showcase their personality.
Additionally, more than 60 percent of Millennials believe that using different colors can enhance their natural look and boost their confidence. And empowerment is a major factor in all this change, according to the survey, which revealed young women view enhancements to their appearance as both an empowering and fundamental part of their style.
You can follow the lead of these fearless fashionistas with some simple tips for adding color to your own style.
- A fresh approach to your makeup instantly transforms your look. Try changing up the color of your lipstick, eye shadow, nail polish and eye liner for an instant enhancement.
- Express yourself in unexpected ways, such as with your eye color. AIR OPTIX® COLORS contact lenses were designed for the fashion-savvy consumer to enhance their look and complement their make-up choices. The lenses are available only with a prescription through your eye doctor, but can be prescribed with or without vision correction. To learn more, and to virtually “try on” any of the nine beautiful colors that range from subtle to vibrant, visit www.airoptixcolors.com.
- Whether it’s a bold red and cobalt blue, or neon and metallic, ditch the monotone look and mix up colors when it comes to your wardrobe. Millennials in the Alcon survey reported mixing as many as five different colors in a single outfit.
- Accessories are the perfect opportunity to add a pop of color to any look. Whether it’s a bold bauble, hot pink stiletto or a bright yellow clutch, colorful accessories can turn the simplest outfit into the most eye-catching.
Enhancing your look is an opportunity to showcase your colorful personality. With these ideas for taking your appearance to the next level, you can forget all of the rules and embrace the trend of simply expressing yourself.
Photo courtesy of Getty Images
Important information for AIR OPTIX® COLORS (lotrafilcon B) contact lenses: For daily wear only for near/far-sightedness. Contact lenses, even if worn for cosmetic reasons, are prescription medical devices that must only be worn under the prescription, direction and supervision of an eye care professional. Serious eye health problems may occur as a result of sharing contact lenses. Although rare, serious eye problems can develop while wearing contact lenses. Side effects like discomfort, mild burning or stinging may occur. To help avoid these problems, follow the wear and replacement schedule and the lens care instructions provided by your eye doctor.
Ask your eye care professional for complete wear, care, and safety information.