Outdoor Stain Busters: Laundry Tips for Active Families
Aug 12, 2014 05:00AM ● Published by Felicia
Photo courtesy of Getty Images
Engaging in outdoor activities are a great way for families to stay active and spend quality time together, but between tree-climbing, nature hikes, and backyard barbecues, outdoor adventures can lead to piles of dirty, dingy and stained clothing.
Unwanted stains from dripping ice cream cones to grass and dirt can easily find themselves on unsuspecting clothing, and especially stand out on white and light-colored apparel.
Stain Fighting Tips
Maintaining bright, spot-less clothing doesn’t have to be complicated. Get your family’s wardrobe into shape with these stain fighting tips:
· Act quickly when stains occur: If possible, begin treating the stain immediately. For stains on the go, try applying club soda with a clean white cloth napkin. If none is available, just try and keep the spot wet with an ice cube until you can get home and wash.
· Don’t let laundry sit in the hamper: As a general rule of thumb, the longer the stain sits, the harder it will be to remove. Ensure stained clothing makes its way to the laundry room, rather than sitting in your child’s bedroom or hamper for several days.
· Soak clothes for best results: Remove tough stains with little effort by pre-soaking colorfast clothing overnight in a solution of OxiClean™ White Revive™ Laundry Stain Remover and warm to hot water. The color-safe solution cleans fibers and helps maintain and revive dingy whites without chlorine, harsh smells, yellowing or color damage.
· Add a scoop to the wash cycle: For stain fighting action, add a scoop of OxiClean™ White Revive™ to every wash load or toss in a pre-measured, single-dose pak. It works with your regular detergent to power out tough stains.
· Evaluate clothes before drying: The dry cycle can permanently set-in stains, so scan clothes to make sure the items are completely stain-free before putting them in the dryer. If any spots remain, pre-treat and run it through the wash cycle again.
· Keep your washer and dryer clean: Make sure to periodically clean your appliances to get rid of any built-up residue to keep your clothes as clean as possible. Run an empty wash cycle with hot water and two cups of white vinegar to thoroughly clean the washer. Then, vacuum the lint trap and vent on the dryer to keep it running in tip-top shape.
Don’t let messy stains derail you and your family from quality outdoor fun. Take part in a friendly game of soccer at the barbeque or enjoy that hot dog at the baseball game, and when you get home, keep these easy laundry tips in mind for bright, clean clothing all year long. For more information on fighting tough stains, visit www.oxiclean.com.